Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday 14 January lesson



Hello everyone!


Here there is the scribe post of the lesson of today, 14-01-2010. Today first Ms. D. checked our homework, which was finishing the graph of acceleration and deceleration of the ping pong ball using the document that we have shared on Google Docs. After this, we watched three videos of Bill Nye the science guy about friction, and I think it was very helpfull.

Here you can find them:



After we have watched the videos, we read pages 42-45 on our Science Explorer textbook; then Ms. D. explained us the meaning of these pages, and we took notes. Also, like last time, Viktor, Noam , and Reza took notes on the small laptops, on Google Docs.


Here there are the links:


I would remind you that tomorrow there is some homework!






Random Questions:


1. Where is the Marians Trench? What Ocean? How deep is it?


2. What is the capital of Bolivia?


and reading pages 42-45 of the Science Explorer textbook.



Ms. D. also reminded us the gravity, here's a picture that may can help:


The two arrows going down
say "Air pressure" and
"Gravity". The arrow going up says " Force of the floor"and the thing in the middle of the square says "Box".
That's it, the next scribe is Iva.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Gio
    I like the pictures that are in your scribe post.
    I also really like that you mentioned the homework that we had to do and the Bill Nye the science links. The links are really helpful.
    I think it was good that you wrote about the random science questions.
    The picture of the "Box" also really helps.
    One thing i saw was that you wrote random questions instead of random science questions, but that is only one little thing.
    In general your blog post was really good!
    Here is a link to a great video videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX_lCOjLCTo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Gio - Great linkages to the Bill Nye videos and the Google Documents by the three note takers. I am also glad to see you used picassa in your drawing - well done. You covered the class well. Keep in mind it would have beennice for you to include some of the notes, not just the links to the docs. Overall good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gio! You did a really good job on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post you made was very intriguing and well written. You wrote about everything we did in class and everything that was due or for homework. The links you put were very helpful and cool . This is a link just something about Sir Isaac Newtons law. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH48Lc7wq0U&feature=PlayList&p=7DF4D31A906A15BF&index=10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! AWESOME job!!!! I really like the picture you made and I like that you put the links!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gio,

    First of all, good job! The videos are great and it is nice that you put the links to everyhting. And thank you for reminding us about the homework. I have to reply only one single thing! The picture explaining gravity is very very small and i can barely see it. Except that, everything is perfect.

    Minor Post, Cip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vance,
    I think you did a good job by giving the links to the Bill Nye videos. Another good thing is that you gave another three links to the three Google Docs on Force. One thing I think you could have possibly included was more colors in your text. But overall I believe that you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to comment on my comment by saying that I meant Hi Gio

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think you did a good job and i liked the links but there were a few grammatic issues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a great job, especially as you wrote one of the longest posts even if you have a couple problems with English. I really thought the links and photos were good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that the Bill Nye videos were good but I think this can also help all of us with friction. (Please copy and paste the URL below to the URL bar on top to view the Video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvQ3YDALMeg

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! When I was reading your post I wasn't familiar with some of the things you guys are learning about because we are learning something different in our science class right now. I liked the pictures and links you put up, they helped me understand more of the things you are learning aboutright now. I saw some grammar mistakes but other than that your post was very well done. Thank you for sharing your knowledge in what you are doing in science.

    Check out my recent post on our math blog site:
    http://spmath81709.blogspot.com/2010/01/mary-janes-scribepost-for-january-6.html

    ReplyDelete